luis figo Forum Index
luis figo the pride of portugal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister   User PanelUser Panel   Log inLog in 

Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    luis figo Forum Index -> Other football player
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FigoSe7en[/b], ')">FigoSe7en
True Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject:  Mourinho leaves Chelsea
Description:

I know he is no player but a coach, but still, I think it is pretty interesting to see him leave. I wonder how Chelsea will perform now, they were doing pretty bad anyway, but I think what made the good in the past was the mastermind of Mourinho. So now Grant took his job over...

Quote:

The special one, Jose Mourinho, has left the English Premier League’s Chelsea Football Club.

Chelsea officially announced they are parting with their Portuguese coach on September 20. Mourinho became coach in 2004, and received an annual salary of 12.6 billion won last year. He was one of the most distinguished coaches in the world.

It is well known that Mourinho’s stepping down is a result of a long conflict with the oil tycoon Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich (41). Mourinho especially had severe run-ins with Abramovich on the trading issue of the Ukrainian “scoring machine” Andriy Shevchenko. The coach was against trading in Shevchenko, while the owner pushed forward, deepening the chasm between the two. Mourinho had assessed that Shevchenko did not fit his designed strategy, and deemed Abramovich’s actions as an infringement on his coach’s rights.

Shevchenko left AC Milan in 2006 to join Chelsea with a contract worth $60 million. Amidst the delicate team atmosphere, he has scored a disappointing 15 goals in 53 games.

Meanwhile, Mourinho spat venom all last season, breeding foes all around him in the Premier League as well. Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson and Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez have become his archenemies, while raising referee conspiracies.

In such circumstances, Chelsea remains in the fifth place in the League this season, and performed poorly in the UEFA Champions League.

Coach Mourinho led Chelsea to two consecutive League Cups, but ended up coming runner-up to Manchester United last season. Not having won a single Champions League title was Abramovich’s discontent

source donga.com

I would also like to throw an idea in here... Scolari has a lot of critic on his side, specially with that "fist fight" thing. Portugal is not doing very well anyway. How about Mourinho takes over Portugal after the Euro... if they make it.

Also, Schuster hints to an early exit at Madrid. Would Mourinho be a good coach for the topstars of the spanish side? Tell me what you think please!

Get registred or enter the forums!

sig by Dano
Adv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Adv

Figo#7[/b], ')">Figo#7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Schuster exit now ? I really doubt that. He has done a great job with Madrid.
But Mourinho coaching Portugal ? I wouldnt think that would be an bad idea. He is a very good coach.

True Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Scolari will leave for sure after the Euro IMO. So then you need someone to replace him. Mourinho has won everything you can win with the teams he coached.
Another option might be Barcelona. I think Rijakard (?) isn´t happy there anymore. Neither is the team with him. So maybe we will have a real problem... Oops

sig by Dano
Mirr[/b], ')">Mirr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Yes he would be the perfect person for that job.. he said after he left Chelsea that he does not want the NT but to be a coach in another country. But if Scolari leaves after the Euro, than they can ask him for sure
True Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Here is a great video for and of José Mourniho! Its worth watching!

Only registered users can see links on this board!

enjoy!

sig by Dano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    luis figo Forum Index -> Other football player All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: