luis figo Forum Index
luis figo the pride of portugal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister   User PanelUser Panel   Log inLog in 

Polen - Portugal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FigoSe7en[/b], ')">FigoSe7en
True Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:  Polen - Portugal
Description:

Portugal will play Polen today.

I do expect a win, but Polen *is that the right word??* did a good job making the game hard for the Germans at the WC. I still expect Portugal to win. I think a 2-1 maybe? If Ronaldo is on fire, it could be a 3-1 LOL

Lets hope and see. Nuno Gomes is expected to start! Good choice.

Get registred or enter the forums!

sig by Dano
Adv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Adv

Steph[/b], ')">Steph
captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Yea...I will follow the match on
Only registered users can see links on this board!

And I hope and think Nuno will do a good job. Razz Cristiano also, but only in scoring. Very Happy Sorry, I still don't like him.

Finland won 3:1 about Poland, so I think the same is possible for the portuguese team...let's hope, wait and see. I'm sure they will play a good match.

(@Adriana It's Poland I think, but Polen will also be understood Wink )
True Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Holy my! Poland! And I kept writing Polen... uh huh. Sure. See that is how good my english is LOL. But my german is a lot better!

HAHAHAHA

sig by Dano
Shibby[/b], ')">Shibby
inter team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Poland Shock Portugal

Costinha’s admission that Poland were favourites was borne out at the Slaski stadium, Chorzow, as the hosts raked in all three points with a 2-1 win over Portugal.

Poland took full advantage of a total absence of concentration in the initial stages of the match by a Portugal who only came back to grab a consolation in injury time.

Poland took an early lead as Smolarek (8 min) cut through a sleepy Selecção defense before unleashing an initial shot that Ricardo managed to block but not hold and the Pole was pitiless as he walloped the leftover past the Sporting Lisbon keeper.

Cristiano Ronaldo tried to respond but mistimed his arrival as Deco crossed into the hosts’ area, but it was Poland who went two ahead as Benfica’s Ricardo Rocha missed an interception and an alert Smolarek (18 min) bagged his brace to leave Scolari’s men reeling and the Coach fuming.

Things weren’t going Portugal’s way as Simão flirted with a red card and Ricardo had to intervene as the Poles launched forward in search of an even bigger advantage. In fact the hosts were unlucky as a shot slammed off the Lusitanian post.

Simão had a good chance ten minutes from the break but the team was visibly misfiring on all levels and Scolari seemed unable to whip his men into some sort of order – either defensive or offensive. The first half ended with delight on the terraces and abject humiliation on the faces of the Portuguese players.

Tiago came on for Costinha as Scolari tried to inject more offensive fury into his mushy midfield, Portugal pushing forth and Nuno Gomes missing his chance in a muddle in the Polish box. The hosts took full advantage of the Swiss cheese holes that opened up in the Portuguese ranks and forced Ricardo into a good save.

Nuno Gomes put a Simão cross wide as Portugal looked exasperated and impotent to bring back their best work. Luckily Poland were not as accurate as in the first half and Carvalho and Rocha were more alert as the prospect of a goalfest loomed over the Selecção players.

Sporting Lisbon’s goalgetting right winger Nani was brought on for Petit with twenty minutes to go as Scolari put all his chips on more firepower up front. Nevertheless it was Poland that dominated the attacking. Maniche came on for an exhausted and irritated Deco as the game reached crunch time.

Cristiano Ronaldo was left grimacing after failing to convert a Nani assist, banging it into the side netting as three minutes of extra time were added by the German ref. Immediately afterwards Nuno Gomes (91 min) clawed one back after Maniche set up Simão on the right, the Benfica Captain slapping across an assist for his Luz team-mate to net.

Unfortunately it was a case of too little too late and Poland sealed their first home win – after a defeat to Finland and a draw with Serbia – much to Portuguese chagrin. Scolari will have to make do with three points from the two Euro 2008 games instead of the four he aimed for, but Portugal still have a game in hand.

Poland can celebrate a morale-boosting win, the early brace scored by Smolarek being providential in dismantling Scolari’s men’s confidence in getting either a draw or a win, but never a sour defeat. Nevertheless it’s hardly a disastrous result for Portugal whereas it’s a real lifeline for the Red-and-whites.

Referee: Wolfgang Stark, Germany

Venue: Slaski Stadium, Chorzow (Poland)

POLAND: Kowalewski; Bronowicki, Golanski, Bak and Lewandowski; Blaszczykowski, Smolarek, Sobolewski and Radomski; Zurawski and Rasiak.
Coach: Leo Beenhakker.

PORTUGAL: Ricardo; Miguel, Ricardo Carvalho, Ricardo Rocha and Nuno Valente; Costinha and Petit; Cristiano Ronaldo, Deco and Simão; Nuno Gomes.
Coach: Luiz Felipe Scolari.

I haven't seen the whole game, just some highlights. Portugal played awfull! With no power, no emotion, no fighting.... you can't beat Polen. I don't understand why Petit played instead of Maniche and why Simao played instead of Nani. Ricardo Rocha in the defense is just horrible! The team has to step up now! After three games they have 4 Points. Thats not what we all where thinking. You always can loose, but the way they played was inaceptable. Portugal created no chances, just the one in extra time when Nuno Gomes made the goal after a Ronaldo cross. I don't know whats wrong with the team. It's not possible, that everything depends on the fact that Figo isn't still there. The other teams in the group are better as I thought they would be so Portugal can't allow themselves more bad games if they want to qualify for the Euro.

Here are the actual standings:

yousfigo[/b], ')">yousfigo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Immediately afterwards Nuno Gomes (91 min) clawed one back after Maniche set up Simão on the right, the Benfica Captain slapping across an assist for his Luz team-mate to net.

Doesnt that mean that simao Gived the assist Rolling Eyes
True Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Yeah it was Simao. He gave to cross for Nuno Gomes goal.

A terrible game. But we have seen at the WC that Poland was a good team. They made it hard for Germany aswell. Oh well. I can see Portugal sking for help if it goes like that "Please Mr. Figo! Come and safe our ass again!"

sig by Dano
Shibby[/b], ')">Shibby
inter team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

this will not happen! Definitely not! At this time they have to save themselves! No more excauses!

True Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Well, I just said that it happened before and that it would be the biggest shame if Portugal would not make it there! They will call for him. I am not sure he would come back, but people always call the big heroes when things are not working

sig by Dano
Shibby[/b], ')">Shibby
inter team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Yep, thats right. Same thing with England and Becks.

yousfigo[/b], ')">yousfigo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Exept the different is that figo retirited and Beckham isnt called Up ...
About Figo going back that would be great but it wont happen sadly Crying or Very sad
True Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

If I was Figo, I would not do it. Come on, the team should be strong enough without him. And they are. They can´t always hope that he will jump in and save them. Maybe it is enough if he shows up at that training ground and holds a speech. I know it sounds silly and right now Portugal still has all chance to qualify and I think they will...

sig by Dano
Steph[/b], ')">Steph
captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

I agree with you...but it's really a shame. Figo was one of many. And it can't be like this, he retires and nothing works. They have to learn to be a bit more self-employed. There are still so many good players in the team...they only have to show they can do it. And they can do it, I'm sure. But they have to show it. I really hope they will become a bit more safer, then they also will play better.
canerfigo[/b], ')">canerfigo
inter team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

turn back LUIS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shibby[/b], ')">Shibby
inter team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Scolari Slams Portugal Immaturity

Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari was not pleased after his side dropped a 2-1 Euro2008 qualifying decision at Poland on Wednesday night.
"We make schoolboy errors, which don’t usually happen," he began. "We didn’t get the ball moving fast, we were slow in both marking and coverage, and these things made life a lot easier for Poland."
"They took full advantage of our errors, nothing really turned out well and sometimes it seemed that we were bumping into each other on the pitch."

Scolari “We Made Childish Mistakes”

Portugal’s Brazilian World Cup winning tactician Luiz Felipe Scolari went straight to the point in the wake of the 2-1 defeat by Beenhakker’s Poland, stressing that now the ‘Selecção das Quinas’ would have to recuperate the lost points due to infantilemistakes.
"We make schoolboy errors which don’t usually happen. We didn’t get the ball moving fast, we were slow in both marking and coverage and these things made life a lot easier for Poland", began the Brazilian.
"Poland, on the other hand, showed remarkable efficiency as their two first shots both went in. They took full advantage of our errors, nothing really turned out well and sometimes it seemed that we were bumping into each other on the pitch”, he added.
Luiz Felipe Scolari also had warm words for the rivals, and Leo Beenhakker’s squad impressed Felipão with their strength. “Poland played an excellent match. Their players had a great attitude and real stamina. It was an attractive performance by the Polish players.”
The Coach also highlighted that “We need to recover in the next few games. We didn’t come back from the two matches with the four points I’d said that we should aim for. Now we have to run after the lost points and repair the damage fast or things could get tough.”

Pictures

True Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

They truely did childish mistakes. And I think the main reason for that is, that there is no true leader in the team. No captain. I´d like to say Carvalho as a captain, but he never got the chance to be a captain or a leader with Figo in the team.

Don´t get me wrong! He was the best and still is. But with such a HUGE person like Figo and his presence on the pitch, it is hard to have another one. SO when he leaves, there is no one to step up.

You know what I mean?

Portugal needs a leader.

sig by Dano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    luis figo Forum Index -> Forca Portugal All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: