luis figo Forum Index
luis figo the pride of portugal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister   User PanelUser Panel   Log inLog in 

The new era Portugal ves Brasil Friendly!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FigoSe7en[/b], ')">FigoSe7en
True Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject:  The new era Portugal ves Brasil Friendly!
Description:

So, here we go again.

tomorrow Portugal will play Brasil in a friendly in London I think. That will be the first game without Figo, if I am not mistaken. The first step the team does without any member of the golden generation. And this time, it is for good.

New heroes will shine, a new team will be formed. But the shadow of the leader will always be around. I am a bit scared they will give away his number already. I expect them to wait till the Euro to give it to Ronaldo. I am not yet prepared to see his 7 on another back with another name. That would break my heart too soon!

SO, I still hope Portugal will win. Beating Brasil is always a huge thing. Scolari beating Brasil with Portugal would be damn cool! The way Ronaldo is playing right now, they should have a good chance aswell.

On Brasils side Ronaldinho is ruled out, but they have a strong team as always. Can´t wait to see how they do.

Anyone else watching or following it?

Get registred or enter the forums!

sig by Dano
Adv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Adv

Steph[/b], ')">Steph
captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Yes, I really hope I will be able to watch the game...although I have not much time this week.
I still hope Portugal will win, and yes, I hope Ronaldo keeps his number 17 for this time...
Oh and, why is Ronaldinho ruled out, is he injured or something?
I hope the youngers will get some playing time tomorrow. And of course hope for a good match. Smile
7irene7[/b], ')">7irene7
portugal team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Sekn wrote:
Oh and, why is Ronaldinho ruled out, is he injured or something?

he didnt play with barça yesterday because he was injured in the last copa match
i'd like to see the match, and that portugal wins Very Happy but i dont think tv shows in spain Confused
True Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Okay, Ronaldo has the 17 and he is captain. Scolari said something about him playing such an amazing style at the moment. And that is true, he wanted to "honor" that. SO okay, one game I can accept it. Its the whole youngesters way and stuff. But he is not ready for it yet. In a year or maybe 2. But not right now. For this game, okay.

Still 0-0 btw!

sig by Dano
True Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Okay. Good to see Portugal win. 0-2. Goals scored by Simao and Carvalho. Pretty okay game, nothing special, but I am soooo happy they won! Brasil played "normal" Portugal tried harder, they say. I am happy that Scolari could leave with a smile and Cris did not a good game, so there goes that. Still he tried to look mature and he was not as bad as people will try and make him sound like.

Scolari gave some young guns the chance, that was nice to see. After all it was just a friendly game and he could test a lot. Good to see whe did well! Mr. Green

Yes, I did miss Figo. Embarassed

sig by Dano
Steph[/b], ')">Steph
captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

I'm happy Portugal won...but same time it hurts somehow. Maybe, it was the first game at all I watched of the portuguese nt and really noticed the team...looked at it. And there was someone missing...it's hard to admit that.
I hope Cris won't wear the captain band in the next official games...maybe later, but at the moment...no. And honestly I doubt he will ever be the right person to lead a team. A captain just has to achieve some things he doesn't achieve. And even when he will become ***** finally (if he ever does), he will stay the person he is - and that's not what a good leadership is about.
Although I'm glad some youngers got the chance to play and I hope they will get those chances again in the official games of the qualification for Euro 2008. I think Quaresma played a pretty good game, although I don't like him that much, got to admit that. He is a good player and I think he can be important for Portugal in the next games...
So, I hope they will continue like this and everyone finds his position in the team.
True Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

About Cris. He has matured so much in this season. He steps up at Man Utd, stopped the childish behavior and the trick pony style a lot.

14 goals. As much as Drogba. And Cris does not play as a striker but a winger, so I think his goals means a lot.

He is the future of Portugal. Don´t get me wrong, right now is not the right moment to decide if he is a good captain. As I said and I can repeat saying it, it was a gift from Scolari. And Simao or Gomes will be back with it the next time.

In the future I do see Ronaldo as an important player for Portugal and I am happy they have so many good players coming up. It would be so bad if they would just dissapear from the stage of wonderful football just because the golden generation is over. That would be sad.

Ricardo Carvalho would also be a good choice, imo. But right now I would pick Nuno Gomes. He was already a key player in 2000 with Figo at the Euro. And now that Pauleta is not there anymore, he will get more chances to play. Simao aswell. I think in the long future Ronaldo will be captain, just because he makes an impression to the other teams.

I mean, if I stand there and the team is lead on the pitch by a guy who is known around the world and who scores goals and drives the defender insane, its something different as if someone stands there I have heardh his name one or two times before.

You can still have a leader in the team aswell. Maybe he grows to that spot. We should not forget that he celebratet his 22nd bday two days ago. He is very young.

But he will never be able to replace Figo, nobody can. Thats a fact!

sig by Dano
Steph[/b], ')">Steph
captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

I don't doubt Cris as a player...neither that he will be an important player for Portugal in upcoming years, a key player. He has great abilities, which most of the other players don't have...but that doesn't change him as a person. He will grow up, no doubt, but some of his personal attributes won't ever change...it's him and he is the way he is. And until now I see him as a great player, but no way as the leader of a team...it's okay as a present, I got that, but apart from that, maybe later. I think it was a good experience for him now, for the other players aswell...something like an imagine what the next generation will be like. We will see how things will go on...how Cris will mature in time, same for the other young players.

And about Figo...that's obvious, but I don't think any player is replaceable in that case...I think Cris or other players will fill a part of the gap he left once, in a view of football...but as a person and what he achieves in that case on the field, nobody will ever be able to replace him.
7irene7[/b], ')">7irene7
portugal team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

i'm fed up with cris, here barca and madrid are fighting to get to their teams. i think he's like a child, portugal is a big responsability, i dont see like figo, not technical (this yes), but his leadership, luis had the respect of the rest of the players and scolari's
well, i hope i dont have the reason

True Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Fed up. That really hits it. Fed up. Ronaldo here, Ronaldo there. Ronaldo new hair, Ronaldo new gf, Ronaldo... *goes and throws up*

I mean, none of us knows Ronaldo, I know, but the media is pushing him into a corner in the press and since that is all you get to read or hear about a person, you get that impression.

I would blame the media aswell. Fed up as 7irene7 said veeery correctly. I think when Ronaldo will be 27 and a new better looking, cooler player will be in the focus of the media, I might start liking him more.

A leader? No way...

sig by Dano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    luis figo Forum Index -> Forca Portugal All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: